- Most people shrink in size when they move into a van, but after traveling four years in more than 100 countries, Kara and Nate Buchanan told Insiders that they were excited to upgrade from a suitcase.
- The couple bought a converted Sprinter van for $ 40,000 in March to travel around the United States during the pandemic.
- They wanted to be self-sufficient and bought a van with a shower, toilet, bed and work area.
- While renovating the van according to their needs, Kara and Nate added a coffee station and charging safe for their electronics.
- You can find more stories on the Insider homepage.
Kara and Nate Buchanan, a couple from Nashville, Tennessee, visited 100 countries before the coronavirus pandemic and documented their travels on YouTube – but they hadn’t seen much of the United States.
“We always thought we could do it when we were old,” Nate told Insider in March. With international travel restrictions to prevent the spread of the coronavirus, the duo found a way to keep traveling: they bought a converted Sprinter van for $ 40,000 to drive around their home country.
The Buchanans live and work in their van, which has a bed that turns into a work area.